Friends say ‘sleep deprived’ rapper canceled tour because he is ‘spiraling out of control’ and stays up ’48hrs at a time’
- Kanye West was hospitalized for his own safety on Monday after friends say he suffered a ‘psychotic break’
- Friends say the ‘breakdown’ was triggered by problems in his marriage to Kim Kardashian, paranoia over his rift with Jay Z and his seething jealousy of Beyoncé
- Sources say he was being checked for ‘severe sleep deprivation’ when it was decided he had to be admitted
- Law enforcement sources confirmed that the rapper was hospitalized for his own health and safety
- Sources close to Kanye say he tried to resist and had to be handcuffed to a gurney while being transported
- Kim was due at a New York gala this evening but jumped back on a plane to L.A. after the shock news broke
- Friends ‘concerned about Kim’s mental state’ in the midst of Kanye’s ‘breakdown’ following her robbery
- Her mother Kris Jenner told reporters at the event that her son-in law was ‘exhausted’ and ‘just really tired’
- Earlier Monday, West officially axed the 22 remaining dates of the U.S. leg of his Saint Pablo tour
- Cancellation came days after a bizarre rant aimed at Beyoncé, Jay Z, Hillary Clinton and Mark Zuckerberg
- Sources say ‘workaholic’ Kanye ‘often stays up and works for 48 hours at a time’
- Experts suggest that Kanye will lose more than $10 million by cancelling the remaining tour dates
Kim Kardashian has jetted back to L.A. after her husband Kanye West was hospitalized for his own safety after suffering a psychotic breakdown, sources say.
The rapper was under ‘psychiatric evaluation’ at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles late Monday and the rest of his Saint Pablo Tour was cancelled as friends say the star is ‘spiraling out of control’,TMZ reports.
Friends told DailyMail.com the ‘breakdown’ was triggered by problems in his marriage to Kim Kardashian, paranoia over his rift with Jay Z and his seething jealousy of Beyoncé.
Law enforcement sources say that Los Angeles police had responded to a medical welfare call about 1:20pm local time.
He was allegedly being checked for ‘severe sleep deprivation’ when it was decided he needed to be admitted. Law enforcement sources confirmed he was hospitalized for his own health and safety.
Sources close to Kanye say he tried to resist being transported to the L.A. hospital and had to be handcuffed to a gurney in transit.
Kim had been due to make an appearance at an East Coast event this evening but jumped back on a plane to Los Angeles after the shock news of her husband’s hospitalization.
She was later spotted disembarking a jet at the Van Nuys Airport, in Los Angeles, late Monday night and climbing into a car – presumably waiting to take her to UCLA so she could be at her husband’s side.
Concerned fans have already began tweeting with the hashtag #PrayForKanye in the wake of the news.
Earlier today, Kanye’s concert promoter, Live Nation, had announced he was axing the remaining 22 gigs on his national tour without giving a reason.
The announcement came just two days after the 39-year-old music artist had walked off stage 30 minutes into his performance following an incoherent political and personal rant.
West took aim at Hillary Clinton, close friends Beyoncé and Jay Z and Mark Zuckerberg in the bizarre outburst while on stage in Sacramento on Saturday. Now friends say the rant is more than just another dramatic tantrum from the rapper known for his outspoken opinions – and even his famous wife has had enough.
‘Kim is fed up,’ a close friend tells DailyMail.com. ‘They’ve been bickering constantly – she didn’t want Kanye to do the tour in the first place. She wanted him by her side as she recovered from her traumatic robbery in Paris.
‘She lost days with him while he’s touring and then he made a rash decision to end the concert after ten minutes and go on a rant.
‘He had a psychotic break. Kanye is very hot tempered and he’s very reactionary. A lot of times, he speaks before he thinks and he’s very sensitive.’
A source in L.A. told DailyMail.com that Kanye’s meltdown ‘has nothing to do with drugs, he doesn’t take anything. It’s totally a mental thing.’
They said that people were also very concerned about Kim’s mental state in the midst of Kanye’s ‘breakdown’ as she was still very fragile following the robbery.
‘We’re all really worried about Kim – no one has been able to get hold of her since it happened. Kim got through her ordeal [in Paris] without losing her mind and now she has to deal with Kanye losing his. She has to take care of him when really, she needs taking care of herself. She’s still not fully recovered and now she has to deal with this. It’s a complete mess.’
A source close to the rapper told Page Six ‘workaholic’ Kanye ‘often stays up and works for 48 hours at a time’ and would call his team at all hours of the night.
They believed that the singer’s ‘chaotic life’ combined with the death of his mother ‘which he never got over’ had pushed him over the edge.
‘He’s having a nervous breakdown,’ the source said, adding that the singer was surrounded by ‘crazy people’ who had no idea how to rein him in.
‘He’s spiraling further and further out of control. Basically everything crazy he does is ‘art’ — canceling his tour is ‘art’ — he is becoming more and more unpredictable,’ the source said.