Holidaymakers have been urged to avoid the Spain painkiller Nolotil after it was linked to the death of two Brits

Gary Robson, 59, said his mum Gloria, 81, had a fatal brain bleed

after taking Nolotil.

The anti-inflammatory was given to her by Spanish medics for back pain — but has been banned in the UK, US, Australia and most of Europe.

Doctors warn it can have a “toxic effect”, cau­sing blood disorders.

Builder Gary, of Romford, Essex, urged Brits to challenge doctors who prescribe it.

He said: “They dish out Nolotil like Anadin but there’s no warning on the pack.” He believes his dad Alan, 82, was taking the drug before he died in Spain last year.

William Smith, 66, and Mary Ward, 59, also died after taking Nolotil — a brand name for metamizole.

Spain’s General Directorate of Pharmacy declined to comment.

 Alan, 82, and Gloria Robson, 81, are alleged to have had a fatal brain bleed after taking Nolotil
Alan, 82, and Gloria Robson, 81, are alleged to have had a fatal brain bleed after taking Nolotil

LEAVE A REPLY